GRIEF & HEALING
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
FAMILY ROOTS AND A RICH 100-YEAR OLD HISTORY | Stone Funeral Home has a strong history that we are very proud of. The late Richard E. Stone was the founder of Stone Funeral Home in 1923. His son, the late Rudy Stone continued the Stone legacy for 50 more years. He was a community activist and a civil right warrior. The baton has now been passed on to his wife Jan Stone.
FLOWER ORDER SUPPORT 1-888-610-8262
Stone Funeral Home and Cremation | Melbourne & Cocoa, Florida | T: 321-636-2344 or 321- 632-2234 | F: 321-631-5243
© Stone Funeral Home and Cremation | Melbourne & Cocoa, Florida | site by: articdesigns.com | ObitLOGIN